This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: DWARF2 reader
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Elad Hollander <Elad dot Hollander at ParthusCeva dot com>
- Cc: "Gdb (E-mail)" <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:18:01 -0500
- Subject: Re: DWARF2 reader
- References: <988BE481ACC95C429DCB909F74A3163A237865@exchange-il>
On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 07:13:54PM +0200, Elad Hollander wrote:
> I develop a compiler that outputs dwarf debug info to the .asm file.
> What I seek is some utility to check the correctness of the debug info.
> I don't have an object file- just the .asm with the dwarf debug info.
> Can gdb be of any help?
> Can the mechanisms in dwarf2read.c be used?
> As much as I have looked I found no utility to do it. Can anyone help?
Not really. I recommend building an object file and using 'readelf'
from binutils to decode the information.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer