This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Breakpoints in shared objects not working
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Iztok Kobal <iztok dot kobal at sysen dot si>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:23:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: Breakpoints in shared objects not working
- References: <3E3E3E01.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 11:01:37AM +0100, Iztok Kobal wrote:
> Still not working ! Nobody answers. Is it stupid question and it is
> maybe supposed to be so (GDB not stopping in .so) ?
> I have read that on the SPARC ste lang c++ would be workaround. What
> about i386 ?
> System: i686, Linux SuSE 8.1, gcc-3.2, gdb-5.2.1
> Configured with: --enable-debug
> Compiling with: -g3 -gstabs+ without optimizations
> GDB does not stop anymore on breakpoints in the shared objects. Any
> solution ?
> Without -gstabs+ it was OK but I am not using dwarf anymore since it was
> not possible to debug class methods in the shared objects as well as the
> GPM M2 compiled code.
You aren't giving us enough information to answer your question; we
said that it's supposed to work. You need to say in detail what you're
trying to do, what isn't working, what errors you get, etc.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer