This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Breakpoints in shared objects not working
- From: Iztok Kobal <iztok dot kobal at sysen dot si>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 11:01:37 +0100
- Subject: Breakpoints in shared objects not working
- Organization: Iskra SISTEMI, d.d., Ljubljana, SLO
Still not working ! Nobody answers. Is it stupid question and it is
maybe supposed to be so (GDB not stopping in .so) ?
I have read that on the SPARC ste lang c++ would be workaround. What
about i386 ?
System: i686, Linux SuSE 8.1, gcc-3.2, gdb-5.2.1
Configured with: --enable-debug
Compiling with: -g3 -gstabs+ without optimizations
GDB does not stop anymore on breakpoints in the shared objects. Any
Without -gstabs+ it was OK but I am not using dwarf anymore since it was
not possible to debug class methods in the shared objects as well as the
GPM M2 compiled code.