Re: [Various] obsoleting the annotate level 2 interface

Nick Roberts writes:

 > > > Well fine, so we are in disagreement.  Maybe the gdb GUI you've written
 > > > does not have the same requirements than GVD has.
 >
 > > > I'm not saying MI does not have some added value compared to CLI, I'm
 > > > just saying (and I'm not the only one) that there are some missing
 > > > features in MI which are important enough to be taken into account.
 >
 > > And the missing features are...?
 >
 > Well, the current online documentation at,
 > http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_25.html#SEC217,
 > says (summarised) :
 >
 > Also note that the commands with a non-available example (N.A.) are not yet
 > implemented.
 >
 > -display-delete                 N.A.
 > -display-disable                N.A.
 > -display-enable                 N.A.
 > -display-insert                 N.A.
 > -display-list                   N.A.
 > -exec-abort                     N.A.
 > -exec-show-arguments            N.A.
 > -file-list-exec-sections        N.A.
 > -file-list-exec-source-files    N.A.
 > -file-list-shared-libraries     N.A.
 > -file-list-symbol-files         N.A.
 > -stack-info-frame               N.A.
 > -symbol-info-address            N.A.
 > -symbol-info-file               N.A.
 > -symbol-info-function           N.A.
 > -symbol-info-line               N.A.
 > -symbol-info-symbol             N.A.
 > -symbol-list-functions          N.A.
 > -symbol-list-types              N.A.
 > -symbol-list-variables          N.A.
 > -symbol-locate                  N.A.
 > -symbol-type                    N.A.
 > -target-attach                  N.A.
 > -target-compare-sections        N.A.
 > -target-exec-status             N.A.
 > -target-list-available-targets  N.A.
 > -target-list-current-targets    N.A.
 > -target-list-parameters         N.A.
 > -thread-info                    N.A.
 > -thread-list-all-threads        N.A.
 >
 > Ah, don't be fooled by the current online documentation... ;-)
 >
 > Nick

I don't understand. The on line doc is up to date, it is not
lying. Those commands have not been implememted. We have gone through
3 projects (one internal to Cygnus, eclipse, and the apple ui) and
none of those missing commands was obviously a show stopper. Of course
those are *new* GUIs and they can be less functional. Emacs cannot go
backwards because some commands are missing. Does emacs need these
commands? for instance, does emacs have a window that shows the
threads of the inferior?

But it is not hard to implement them. These are fairly simple, almost
wrappers.

As far as the interpreter stuff, there are up to date patches I
posted, but I didn't have time to commit. They might need a day or so
of work & testing. If somebody feels lucky....

elena