Re: GDB respin

[I'm partially back.  I can read my mail, and I can run my test bed,
 but I'm not caught up on stuff.  -- Michael C]

Andrew Cagney asks:

Should there be a 5.3.1. So far not much has been comitted to the branch. However, there have been a number of configure / build bug reports.

My preference would be to not produce 5.3.1.  It seems like a low-yield
use of resources to me.

Are the configure/build problems fixed in HEAD?
No.  Check the bug database for `high' priority `build' problems.

For those problems which are not fixed in HEAD:
  we need to do that anyways, no matter what

For those problems which are fixed in HEAD:
  ask the bug report submitters to try a HEAD snapshot
  put the PR's into 'FEEDBACK' state

Anyways, I will keep testing and reporting on gdb_5_3-branch.
My test bed role is separate from my loudmouth role.
:-)

In fact, if the console problem can be resolved, I think there is a very strong incentive to quickly spin out a 5.4.

Andrew