problem with gdb inside xemacs shell on a DEC

When using xemacs on a DEC, and calling gdb from inside xemacs, all commands
put on the command line for gdb are doubled.  Thus

shell > gdb
gdb > quit
shell > quit

This occurs even when the doubling has been fixed within the xemacs shell
usage.  This problem does not occur with FSF emacs.

Csh vs tsh vs sh - no difference
M-x gdb vs M-x shell (calling gdb on shell command line) - no difference
X vs -nw (within terminal window) - no difference

I do not subscribe to the mailing list so please Cc: me on any responses.

--
Said the fox to the fish, "Join me ashore".
 The fish are the Jews, Torah is our water

Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz - sabbahem@bcpl.net