Re: patch to use target specific .gdbinit file

> > Well then a configure option isn't the answer.
>
> A configuration time option answers a problem.  Perhaps not your problem.

Well, it answers our problem but isn't extensible to a multi-arch situation.
It sounds like almost everyone agrees that some form of a target specific
extension to the .gdbinit mechanism would be useful but a decision about how
best to implement it hasn't been made.  What I'm going to do for now is
implement it in our port only.  We ship separate gdb binaries and are not
planning on multi-arching soon so our _initialize_nto() function is a
perfect place to put it.  Our documentation states that if
$HOME/.gdbinit-<cpu> exists, it is read instead of $HOME/.gdbinit so I'll
just check for the file, source it and set inhibit_gdbinit if it's found.

Thanks for all the help.  It's interesting to hear from others about the
possible ramifications and alternate solutions to problems.

cheers,

Kris