getting lookup_symbol to find aliases

Hi all,

I am working on the ip2k gdb port (should be released before the end of the
year) and I have come across a problem....

When printing the stack call chain gdb normally stops at main() (which is
desirable).

The main symbol is looked up in blockframe.c:
    mainsym = lookup_symbol (main_name (), NULL, VAR_NAMESPACE, NULL, NULL);

This works fine when main is a real function but it fails when main is an
alias (returns NULL).

Upon further investigation, lookup symbol doesn't seam to understand aliases
which explains quite a few problems as we tend to use aliases extensivly.

A nm dump of the elf file returns:
0201699a W _main
0201699a T _system_main

Also as an aside, if gdb can't find main() then it will try to do the
symbolic lookup multiple times every time you dump the stack chain. I can do
a patch for that as well if it could be conceivable that people have
projects that don't have a function called main().

I would like to do a sanity check before I start hacking systab too much.

Nick