Re: Debugging GDB with GDB

The .gdbinit file uses "set prompt (top-gdb)" so you can differentiate
between which gdb is running.  This works best on
the command line as you can readily see which gdb you are in.  Things
work the same as when you are debugging a program.  When you want to
stop use ctrl-c and you will see the top-level prompt and you can step
through gdb source.  When using the command line, I've always found it
helpful to open the source file I'm debugging to follow along.

Hope this helps
Tim