Re: [maint] New title for ``global write maintainer''?

The current ``global write maintainer'' title is something of a misnomer.  Unlike GCC, where a global write maintainer can an does approve any patch, the GDB global write maintainers have an understanding that they won't approve patches or directly make changes in areas where there is already a maintainer.

It actually reads ``blanket write privs'', which is a total misnomer.

Given the potential for confusion, I'm wondering anyone has a better title?  The only one I've come up with so far is ``Council of Elders''(1) but apparently some countries don't treat their elders with respect and, hence, the term takes on less than plesant connitations :-(  Another could be the Senate, ....

"default maintainer"?  "etc maintainer"? "all-that-other-code maintainer"? :-)
`Global Maintainer'?

Sounds good, doesn't actually mean anything.

Andrew