Re: Problems running GDB-5.1.

I recieve the following warning message:

	warning: big endian file does not match little endian target.

Did you compile GDB with GCC or the Tru64 C compiler? If you compiled
with GCC, you may have run into the same problem as I did. I fixed it
by compiling with -D__digital__:

     make CC=gcc CFLAGS="-O2 -D__digital__"

What happens is that GCC picks up the wrong definitions for the
structure of the core file if this macro is not defined. So the layout
of the data does not match and we end up reading some garbage. Hence
the bizarre messages.
Suggest a bug report and addition to the [5.3] gdb/PROBLEMS file.
The fix involves changing the configury.

Andrew