Re: STEP and CONTINUE in GDB REMOTE

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 03:24:03PM +0100, Jan Van Belle wrote:
> >         Hello all,
> >
> >         I'm struggling with the Remote Protocol (over TCP, but I guess
> > that doesn't matter). For the moment I can download my code
> > onto the (not yet existing --> virtual) target, read registers, write
> > registers, read code and write code.
> >
> > So now I arrived for the big job: STEP (single or not) and CONTINUE. The
> > manual says you have many possibilities to
> > indicate the target has stopped. For the moment I use: $S05#xx , but
> > this is just a stub to satisfy GDB.
> >
> > Can someone explain me (or point me to a good description) the syntax of
> > 'all' the possible responses??
> > --> $Txxx:yyyy#zzz
> > --> $Wxxx#yyy
> > --> $Sxxx#yyy
> > --> ...
> >
> > It would be a great help (for me and many others ;-) )
>
> Have you read the chapter detailing the remote protocol, in the fine
> manual?
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_32.html#SEC630
>
> It's in D.3.
>
> --
> Daniel Jacobowitz
> MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer

Yes I have. I have a copy printed out on my desk. This document explains us
which possible responses there are,
but not when to send which one, and certainly not what the contents should be
for

I already did several Google's for this topic, but I guess I'll have to find
it in someone's private collection

Kind regards,

Jan