Re: [RFC] MI varobj testsuite support

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Fernando Nasser wrote:

> What about the other commands like -var-info-num-children, -var-update,
> etc.?  Would we still use the old way?

No, I simply haven't added those yet. I wanted to request comments about
whether anyone really wanted/cared to have such a thing submitted.

> I have the impression that the command part is not really useful.  We
> could live with the pattern part only.

The reason the command part exists is to facilitate command construction
across multiple versions of MI. It is also used to pin down the names of
the varobjs.

It's only a convenience. I find it easier to write "Varobj::create foo"
than "-var-create foo * foo"; I can never remember the whole syntax
without looking it up.

I can whack it before submitting.
Keith