Re: top level makefile.in

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 11:46:52PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:

Per my reply to Nathaniel, the proposed fix to all this is currently waiting on a clear to go, from binutils.

OK, go!  Maybe I'm dreaming, but once upon a time didn't the
"configure" and "make info" etc. occur in a separate directory?
ie. not generate a whole lot of rubbish in your cvs repo..
It must be a very very long time ago.

For longer than I can remember, the release scripts have run in the source directory. This is so that all the generated droppings are left in that same directory. The final pass is something like a ``make distclean'' which should tidy things up. If the distro contains rubish, its a bug in that target.

Andrew