Re: rules for conditional breakpoints

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@is.elta.co.il> writes:

> On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > what exactly are the rules for conditional breakpoints?
>
> If that's not clear from reading the manual, I think we should fix the
> manual.

The expressions allowed in conditional breakpoints are exactly those
allowed in "print".  Peter assumed that the restriction had something
to do with conditional breakpoints, but that's not so.  The manual's
description of conditional breakpoints is perfectly clear.

What should be clarified, I think, is the description of expressions.
I seem to remember issues like this having come up before.  I'd
suggest putting a clarification in ``Expressions'', pointing out that,
while GDB *can* reference variables and call functions for which it
has no debug info, it assumes they're `int' and `int () (int)'.  When
that's wrong, one should expect the ensuing problems.

I'm too drowsy to suggest any decent wording at the moment.  Sorry.