Re: list of GNU indent versions in gdb_indent.sh

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:01:15 -0400, Andrew Cagney <ac131313@ges.redhat.com> said:

Can you please find out exactly what was changed?

The NEWS/ChangeLog files were uninformative, so I just copied all of
gdb/*.{h,c} to test directories and ran gdb_indent on them with the
three versions of indent. Here's the scoop, as I see it:

2.2.6 and 2.2.7 are pretty much the same: the main difference is that
2.2.6 is bad at handling string constants with embedded newlines.
(Where by "bad" I mean "reformats them, so the meaning of your code
changes".)

The main difference between 2.2.7 and 2.2.8 seems to be that 2.2.8
tries to handle comments like

/* * Beginning of a very long sentence that continues to the next line,
* which starts with an asterisk as well.
*/
Ah, ok. Thats a relief. That style of comment isn't GNU approved so I guess we can live with that change :-)

I'll tweak the check once 5.3 is out.

Andrew