Re: Question about TCP/IP stubs, gdb-5.2.1

Thanks for the pointer to gdbserver, that might be the best starting
point.

What I want this for a connection to a full system simulator.  I
used to compile simulators directly with gdb, but this time I want them
separated.  There are seveal reasons, but one is that I want to be able to
have thousands of simulators running for days in an LSF-managed farm.  I
want to be able to connect to a simulator, do some debugging, and
disconnect, letting the simulator run some more.  This is like attaching
to processes with regular gdb.

So what I plan to do at this point, unless someone has an even better
suggestion, is to start with gdbserver, rip out the part that talks to a
Linux process, and make it so that it can be compiled with the simulator
and access the simulator data structures directly.

Thanks again!