-symbol gdb option

Hi,

I'm using gdb to debug programs in a 68010 remote target.
The format of the executable file is s-record so, I can't
reach the symbol table (s-record format doesn't include
this kind of informations).
I tried to specify the map file genered by gcc during the
compilation like the default symbol file with -s option
but the map file format is not gdb compliant.

I would like to know which file format can I use to specify
a symbol file with -s option to gdb. And if it's possible
which file format should I use with the -s option (map or others).

Thanks and regards

Pascal Marty