Re: adding namespace support to GDB

Jason Molenda writes:
>        http://www.eagercon.com/dwarf/dwarf3std.htm
>
>There's only a link to draft7 on that page for reasons I don't understand;
>draft8 is available here -
>        http://reality.sgiweb.org/davea/dwarf3-draft8-011125.pdf
>
>It may be that draft 8 is draft 7 rebranded as the Public Review
>draft, but I don't really know.

No, draft 7 is obsolete now. Use draft 8.  I don't recall the
changes as being significant, but it is  probably not a good
idea to reference draft 7.  The dwarf committee had been
planning one method of publishing dwarf3 and we were waiting
for certain things to happen. For various reasons the intended
approach no longer seems viable for us.  (leaving this all
vague intentionally :-)

So we will be  (hopefully soon, but no promises) creating a new
web site for dwarf.  However, I cannot promise when that would
happen.  Because of the hiatus, the public comment period is
not considered to have really started yet (though comments on
'draft 8' on the dwarf2 email list (dwarf2@els.sgi.com) would
be welcome at any time).  I am the owner/maintainer of
the list, so list issues should be sent to me.

>Dave Anderson has written a helpful comparison of DWARF2 and DWARF3 on
>his web site -
>        http://reality.sgiweb.org/davea

Thanks.  Corrections and suggestions on the comparison
document are welcome: send such to me or the dwarf2 list (your
choice).

Regards,
David B. Anderson davea@sgi.com http://reality.sgiweb.org/davea