Re: RTOS awareness

Nick:

Pardon me from providing an incomplete answer, but you may also
consider just having some "helper functions" with your stub or
application that provide the needed functionality via printf()
(redirected to gdb's console, for example).  You would call those
functions from gdb's command line, rather than mucking with gdb source
code.  No gdb mods required.

Just a thought.  I think eCos (another RTOS) uses this technique.
Also look at writing a few GDB scripts. See ``printf''. No reason to even write this in C.

Andrew

b.g.