Re: Remote protocol extension - detaching

Right now, the standard behavior for a stub on detach is to wait for the
client to reconnect.  It would be convenient to have the normal local
execution behavior available, also: that is, on detach, resume the
application.  This could be done with or without leaving the stub running.

I'd like to commandeer the 'K' packet for this; 'd' and 'D' are already
taken.  Anyone have a better suggestion?
``detach'' could mean too many things here.

- There is GDB detaches from the remote target -- it shuts down the tcp connection.

- There is the remote debug agent detaching from the process being debugged.

I'm also wondering how this relates to GDB's target stack and command set.

Andrew

(k makes me think of kill, but d is taken ...)