Re: Proposed mod for stack-select-frame MI command

Mo, is this needed or is it just a convenience? Won't the client need to track the current stack level and hence can simply adjust/use that local copy.

Andrew

Greetings

I am been working with the MI recently and ran into a
real problem with the stack-select-frame method.
While it can be used to change the stack to a new level,
there is no way to just move up or down a level(s) like
the cli up and down commands. I am suggesting that
the implementation of the -stack-select-frame be
changed to support selection of stack frames that
are relative to the current stack frame.

-stack-select-frame 0
-stack-select-frame +1
(This would move up one frame)

-stack-select-frame +1
-stack-select-frame -2
(This would end up back at frame 0)

A patch to implement this change has been posted to gdb-patches.

cheers
Mo DeJong