=?GB2312?B?16q3ojogSG93IHRvIGFjY2VzcyBwaHlzaWNhbCBtZW1vcnkgaW4g?==?GB2312?B?R0RCPw==?=

-----原始邮件-----
发件人: Lawrence Lee (Shanghai)
发送时间: 2002年7月18日 9:19
收件人: 'Jim Blandy'
主题: 答复: How to access physical memory in GDB?

Sorry.

My operating system is RedHat Linux7.2. And processor is i386 family.
I'm using gdb to debug the graphics card driver. Sometimes I have to write
something
to the MMIO of the card directly. I know the physics address of that memory
in the card.
So how can I access that memory?
In fact, I also know the virtual address of the memory, because the memory
in the card
is mapped into the Xserver's address space. But I can't access that memory
through the
virtual address in gdb. I think that memory is protected by kernel, so the
gdb can't access it
through ptrace.

Thanks!