cant load shared library

Hi:
  Hi all:
    How do I check what shared library a program needs ?  I  was trying to
use GDB to debug my program. But when I issue " gdb  myprogram", it tells me
"error in loading shared library, undefined symbol "_modci" (I forgot the
exactly name of the symbol, I am in my home now).
But it didn't tell me what shared library is missing.
so what is the command to check the required library ?

It's a arm-linux version GDB, version is 4.1.8 ( I know it's old, but that's
the only one I can find for arm target)
thank you!

chris