Re: remote.c: remote_insert_watchpoint et al

On 2002.06.27 16:41 Andrew Cagney wrote:
: > Hi,
: > : > Are there any (near) plans to make watchpoint functions : > part of the (remote) target vector?
: : Please do! Not having them in the target vector is considered a bug.
: http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=161

The only problem I see is that I have no copyright assignment
for gdb, just for binutils. But the changes needed might be so small so that theres no reason for an assignment.
I don't know what the changes will involve as I've never done this (in fact I think everyone has been avoiding this one :-( ).

Can you at find out what the changes look like - how many files need to be touched e.t.c.? If the operation is relatively small/mechanical then it should be possible for someone with an assignment to reproduce it.

Getting the watchpoint stuff into the target vector is long overdue.

When it comes to (C) I tend to be very conservative :-/

Andrew