RE: gdbserver and multithreaded programs

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >     ppc405 - worked on single threaded program, but on multithreaded
> > program output zillions of
> >
> >         Ignoring packet error, continuing...
> >         Ignoring packet error, continuing...
> >     as soon as we tried to step thru main.
> >
> >     sh4 - worked fine on single threaded program, but on
> >       multithreaded program it output the following message.
> >
> >         Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
>
> The "received signal SIG32" means that thread_db did not load.  Most
> likely this means GDB did not find your libraries. On ppc405 I'd guess
> that it found an incorrect copy of the libraries.  Are you setting
> solib-absolute-prefix correctly?

No, we weren't setting it at all.  Thanks for the tip; works much
better now on ppc405.  I did see a strange message
"Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap."
a few times, but in general I'm able to step through a program
that creates lots of threads on ppc405 now.  Huzzah!
(Haven't tried sh4 again yet.)

Still not trivial to build and use in a cross-compiled environment
(what is?), but a good FAQ ought to help that.

Thanks for the fast help!
- Dan