Re: Redefining built-in commands.

> Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 17:24:05 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Don Howard <dhoward@redhat.com>
>
> Should gdb allow users to redefine built-in commands?

I think it should, unless we cannot do it safely.

> If so, should the
> orignial alias continue to behave like the original built-in, or should
> it's behavior be modified also?

I'm not 100% sure, but I tend to think the aliases that are mere
abbreviations, like `n' for `next', should be redefined to the new
command, while aliases which aren't abbreviations should be left to
point to the original command.

But if the above cannot be done, we should either redefine the aliases
to the new command, or disable the aliases entirely.  Crashing is not
an option, obviously.