Re: support for different sized FPU registers

I'm trying to add GDB remote support for the ColdFire v4e, and I'm
running into problems with the FPU register definitions.

On the ColdFire v4e, the FPU registers are 64 bit, but the gdb is
expecting 96 bit register values from a 68881.  As a result I'm
getting some 'Remote reply is too short' messages from gdb when the
stub responds to a 'g' packet and on the host the register contents
are all wrong(from 'info reg').

What's the best way of telling gdb(for the coldfire portion of a
m68k-elf configured build) that the FPU registers are only 64 bits
instead of 96)?  I still want this configuration to support 040s and
060s which have the 96 bit FPU registers as well as a ColdFire's 64
bit FPU registers...

Any suggestions are appreciated.

--
Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)