Re: Multi-arch and user-control of architecture flags

> On Wed, 15 May 2002, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
>

>> So how feasible would it be to extend the "set" and "show" commands so
>> that they could sub-set the information?  For example, to allow

>> and
>>
>>   show <target> <var>
>>
>> or even
>>
>>   show <target>
>>
>> to show all variables specific to the target.
>

> I don't know how hard is this, but I like the idea from the UI point of
> view.

Have a look at the ``(gdb) set mips'' command ;-)  Another group with
the same problem are the ``info'' commands.

New targets, when someone remembers, are done this way.  The problem is
all the old commands and for that we have have a deprecate mechanism.

The mailing lists also contain discussion about a set [<arch>]
disassembler command which would more directly tie into bfd's
disassembler option.

Andrew