Target Output Streaming in MI

Hi,

As we are doing more investigation with MI, we having another question
regarding output streaming in MI.  As described in GDB manual:

`"@" STRING-OUTPUT'
     The target output stream contains any textual output from the
     running target.

Some of the examples in the manual show that program's output should be
prefixed with '@'.  However, we have never seen program output prefixed
with '@'.  After doing more experiments and looking into GDB source code,
we found that program output will only be prefixed with '@' during remote
debugging.  Is this really the case?