Re: arm gdbserver and shared object function resolution

On Apr 29,  4:34pm, Kevin \Squail\ Endres wrote:

> note: I can now load the symbols from the file on the host (and thus resolve
> the function to an address and set a breakpoint). However - if i target the
> remote target after setting the breakpoint i get the following error:
>
> warning: shared library handler failed to enable breakpoint. is the issue
> with the current cross target gdb or is it with gdbserver?

It is critical that GDB be able to find your target's dynamic linker
and load its symbols.  To do this, you normally use
``set solib-absolute-prefix'' to tell gdb where to find the sys-root
for the target's libraries.  If you're not doing this, then perhaps
that's your problem?

It is also important for the libraries in the sys-root location on
the host to be exactly the same as those found on the target.  All
kinds of strange things can happen if this is not the case.

Kevin