Re: Getting rid of the symbol_ranges and aliases stuff

Daniel Berlin <dan@dberlin.org> writes:
> This is the live range splitting extensions to stabs stuff.  It works by
> having multiple symbols that are aliases to a given symbol at a given PC.
> In effect, it uses multiple symbols to simulate DWARF2 location lists.
> It could be reimplemented in terms of location functions, cleanly.
>
> But since nothing publicly available generates the info, I can't do that
> as part of a LOC_COMPUTED and LOC_COMPUTED_ARG implementation.
> Nor do I think I should be required to.

You should just ignore the old LRS stuff.  The Dwarf 2 location lists
should be single symbols with the LOC_COMPUTED address class with a
`read_variable' method which use the PC from the frame it recieves to
choose the right location expression.

I guess I don't see how the old LRS stuff is in your way.