Re: A Very Simple Question about source/target files

> Hello all,
>
> 	I'm new here, so if this isn't the right place to ask this stuff,
> please just point me in the right direction...
>
> 	I've been using gdb on cygwin, running it with the insight gui. One
> thing that's been driving me nuts is that every time I figure out a
> correction to make, I have to shut down gdb before running the compiler.
> Apparently, I can't figure out how to get gdb to release the source file
> (a.exe, for example) so that gcc can (re)write it.
>
> 	Any help would be much appreciated...

(This is the right place) See the thread:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2001-04/msg00205.html

I created the bug report:

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=415

so it doesn't get forgotten again (sigh).  Interested in trying to fix it?

Andrew