Re: wrong address resolved for "extern" dynamic symbol with version set

>> Can I suggest turning this into a bug report.

> Are you saying that complete reports with all necessary details posted to
> bug-gdb@gnu.org are ignored?

If they were simply ignored you wouldn't be responding to my e-mail :-)
    My motivation is to ensure that your patch doesn't simply fall
through the cracks :-/

> Since that was the proper way to report bugs
> in GDB at least since the GDB distribution was separated from Emacs over a
> decade ago, I think it was reasonable my part to expect it to continue to
> be.  I don't think it is reasonable to force people to use yet another
> godforsaken web interface to make bug reports.

This raises an important point.  While recommending web entry for bug
reports, GDB does still need to ensure that people unable to access the
web interface can still submit bug reports via e-mail.  PRMS/GNAT has a
send-pr script intended for just this purpose. GDB should be including
it in its distro.  (Anyone know how to do this?)

Separate to this, there is the problem of the file gdb/README only
refering to bug-gdb@gnu.org (thanks to the bod from SGI for allerting me
to this one).  I now understand why people continue to use that address
(and I keep replying with a suggestion of entering it into the bug
database).  The README file needs to be updated so that it refers to the
web interface and send-pr script before the bug-gdb@gnu.org e-mail address.

Andrew