Re: Does gdb 5.2 work with statically linked thread application under Linux?

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 11:30:50PM -0800, H . J . Lu wrote:
> Does gdb 5.2 work with statically linked thread application under
> Linux? It doesn't work for me at all. It doesn't know any thread.
> I have a patch which works for gdb 5.1. Now it doesn't work for 5.2
> anymore.

My fault, I think.

The problem is that in a dynamically linked binary
thread_db_new_objfile will be called for every library is loaded.  At
this point current_target is "child", so target_has_execution is true.
But with a static binary, the first time the function is called objfile
is NULL, and the second time current_target is "exec" (which has
target_has_execution set false).

Perhaps target_has_execution was not the right check after all, if
"exec" has it set false (which makes fairly little sense to me...) or
perhaps we need to call the hook again later.  Michael, any idea?