Re: gdb-5.x and step over inline functions

I totally agree.  I downloaded the ACE application framework
(www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt.  Download and compile
%ACE_ROOT%/examples/C++Npv1.  There are plenty of inline functions there.
My experience was the gdb was pretty much a useless tool for stepping thru
the example code.  It was jumping back and forth to places of code that I
didn't care about.    If you want to see for yourself step thru the ::open
function included in the Logging_Server class.

I also would like to see this "stepping into inlines" an optional feature
turned off by default.

The ACE framework uses a macro named ACE_INLINE for inline functions.  I
dont' know what exactly this macro does.

Salman