Re: GDB 5.2 or GDB 5.1.1?

> Andrew Cagney writes:
>
>> Just a postscript to this.   Because the FSF would like to be able to
>> spin out a manual based on a current release but are currently fixing
>> things I'll very likely end up spinning out a 5.1.1 or 5.1.0.2 (ulgh)
>> anyway.  The latter is far far easier.
>

> Another constraint: 5.1.0.2 would be unable to debug -gdwarf-2 code
> with gcc-HEAD, which is going to become gcc 3.1 eventually.
>
> (I'm bummed because my overnight test run got stuck in the configuration
> of gdb 5.1, gcc HEAD, -gdwarf-2, so I had to kludge around that and
> start the test script again).

The sole purpose of 5.1.0.x (1) was to fix copyright problems in the
documentation.  Turns out it it still contains problems (I didn't pull a
change into the branch and that wasn't noticed).  5.1.0.2 would be the same.

Yes it doesn't help the normal user that is more worried about a working
GDB.

enjoy,
Andrew