Re: GDB 5.2 or GDB 5.1.1?

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking over all the things in my 5.1.1 folder and am beginning to think that it might be better if instead just move onto 5.2.  I really don't know if it is worth all the effort (well mine and a few others) of pulling those changes onto a branch.  All the C++ fixes, the HP/UX host stuff and so on.
>
> For this to work, all the proposed release criteria for 5.2 would need to be droped.
>
> thoughts?
>
> Either way, there needs to be a decision by the middle of next week.

Just a postscript to this.   Because the FSF would like to be able to
spin out a manual based on a current release but are currently fixing
things I'll very likely end up spinning out a 5.1.1 or 5.1.0.2 (ulgh)
anyway.  The latter is far far easier.

However I do still have a preference for cutting 5.2 rather than spend
lots of effort getting fixes into the 5.1 branch.

I guess the question I'm asking here is, how much stuff has been added
to the 5.1 branch that might break things making a fast 5.1.1 a high
risk activity.

Andrew