Re: Changing the C/C++ compiler for gdb testsuite runs

I built unified trees about once per week last summer.

My experience:

  + they do solve Richard's original problem, which is:
    testing a gcc without installing it

  + once I sorted out my symlink script, I had no trouble
    with libiberty or include or other shared directories.
    And they are synced even tighter today.

  - it did bother me that I was not building the packages
    in the same way that they would be released.

  - I like to test with several different versions of gcc
    so it's better for me to build in separate trees anyways.

Michael C