Re: [testsuite/c++] Why is there one fail in demangle.exp?

The comment above the test is:

	## 1999-04-19: "Fix from Dale Hawkins".  Shouldn't segfault.

This implies to me that an old version of gdb used to segfault on
that input.

Note that the release date of gdb-4.18 was 1999-04-09.  So I built one:

  mec@duracef:/tmp/mec/build$ gdb/gdb
  GNU gdb 4.18
  This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu".
  (gdb) maintenance demangle __thunk_64__0RL__list__Q29CosNaming20_proxy_NamingConMtextUlRPt25_CORBA_Unbounded_Sequence1ZQ29CosNaming7BindingRPQ29CosNaming15BindingIterator
  Segmentation fault (core dumped)

> I can see that being wrong (_0RL__list as a function name is a little
> suspicious).  But the test expects "Can't demangle".

I don't know what the right answer is.  It looks like the intent of the
test is to check whether the demangler crashes on this input.  It's
quite possible that the input is purposely malformed.

I'm inclined to approve both "Can't demangle" and any reasonable
demangling of the input as PASS, with a comment to the effect that
gdb 4.18 segfaults on this input.

Michael C