branch snapshot version tag

Hmm,

The current branch snapshot process is setting the version tag
(version.in) to YYYYMMDD.  This is a little unfortunate since snapshots
taken from the trunk are also setting version.in to YYYYMMDD. Might be a
good idea if I change it.

My first choice for the snapshot version.in would be 5.0.91-YYYYMMDD but
due to a ``technical problem'' with the snapshot scripts that won't work.

That leads to my second and third choices.

	5.0.91.YYYYMMDD
or
5.0.91_YYYYMMDD

Unless someone comes up with a compelling argument for why one of these
is better than the other, I'll toss a coin and then tweek the snapshot
process to generate the second one.

enjoy,
Andrew