dbg MI help required !

Hi there!
I am trying to figure out how to use MI and what it is for and to be honest i
am not getting anywhere.
first i made a native solaris gdb with the following command:
./configure --with-gdb-interpreter=mi
I ran make after and gdb was built but none of the c files in the mi directory
were compiled.

So what do i do next?
i thought mi would be a library and gdbmi would need that library in order to
support the tidy textual output that mi if i understand properly is supposed to
achieve.

How do i make get gdbmi ?

cheers mickael

| Mickael Gicquaire  | email mickael.gicquaire@.st.com  |                 |
| STMicroelectronics |                                  |  / ___/__   __/ |
| 1000 Aztec West    |                                  |  \__ \  /  /    |
| Almondsbury        |   Phone 01454-462342             | /____/ /__/     |
| BRISTOL            |                                  |                 |