Re: where should TUI documentation go?

> Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 00:00:58 +0200
> From: Stephane Carrez <Stephane.Carrez@worldnet.fr>
>
> I plan to write a small documentation about the TUI.

Good plan! ;-)

> I've not seen anything about it in the gdb docs.

Right, there _is_ nothing there about the TUI.

> Where in the GDB documentation should this be inserted?
>
>   gdb.texi  ?
>   gdbgui.texi  ?

I'd suggest to put the user-level stuff (commands, command-line
switches, etc.) in gdb.texinfo, while developer-level stuff (general
structure of TUI code, important high-level functions that application
code might wish to call, etc.) should go into gdbint.texinfo.

As for gdbgui.texinfo, its purpose is not clear to me (I once asked
here about that, but got zero responses).  It's obviously very old and
probably outdated.  It is also not part of the GDB manual, but rather
a separate manual; I don't think we should tell users to read two
manuals.

So I'm inclined to add all the up-to-date and relevant stuff about the
various UIs into gdb.texinfo (or make it @include gdbgui.texinfo,
provided that someone says gdbgui.texinfo is still accurate enough to
be useful).