Re: Limited success with 3.0 branch on AIX

Elena> I would prefer to do option 3, so that it would work no matter what.
Elena> But if we all agree that we can take the risk of not having gcc2_compiled
Elena> defined at all, then we are off the hook.

	Don't everyone answer at once!

	Avoiding gcc2_compiled altogether would seem best to me.  I defer
to the GDB developers whether this is correct.

	I am a bit concerned about removing gcc2_compiled on AIX and not
making this a broader policy across all targets because some dependency
could slip in.

	Instead of "gcc2_compiled", it seems better for GCC to utilize
whatever compiler version information or compiler-specific information is
allowed in the object format.  Is N_OPT really the standard?  Where do HP
and SGI and Intel and Greenhills and Metrowerks and other place their
version information?

David