Re: _MSC_VER == windbg?

> On Tue, 8 May 2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>

>> Can anyone confirm or deny the fact that all of the _MSC_VER conditionals
>> in gdb are for windbg?

The cases (well ok, case defs.h) I looked at definitly suggested this. I
think we should just assume this is the case and zap all of these (if
you've not done it already.

> I cannot confirm or deny this (I don't even know what windbg is ;-), but
> was there ever any other port of GDB which used MSVC?  Both Cygwin and
> MinGW obviously don't use it.

Folk law has it that WinGDB was a Cygnus special version of GDB that was
built using MSC and ran in a pure windows environment.  I'm told (third
hand) that building it was a pleasure and people queued for the
privledge (not).  Hmm, thinking about it, I'm pretty sure that none of
the current batch of Red Hat / Cygnus GDB developers have ever seen
WinGDB and would definitly not know how to build it (and even if they
did, they would still deny it :-).

Anyway, I like how, two years (almost to the day) that Stan committed:

1999-04-13  Stan Shebs  <shebs@andros.cygnus.com>

        * configure.tgt (arm-*-*): Whack another vestige of wingdb.

we're still wacking out vestiges of wingdb :-)

	Andrew