Helping GDB to find symbols

Hi all
I hope that the proper list to send this...
I have the following pb: I shipp products with no debug information,
so when a customer has a core dump, I need to fall back on assembly
output to try to tackle the pb.
As I have access to the source code and the debug-compiled product,
I was wondering if there was a mean to *help* GDB and provide it with
some of the debug info.
For ex, let say the prg crashed in function A, then GDB should be able
to calculate the address of the args to A in the non-debug core. Then,
finding the function in the debug-compiled library (may be with a little
help), it should be able to load the defs of the args and show the values
of each args properly.
Is there a way to do that, or is this an enhancement to be added or is it
a totally new idea that nobody thought about before (unlikely I guess) ?
May be it can not be done ?

	Jacques-Olivier

Jacques-Olivier Goussard
Software Developer