capture gdb output

I need to be able to capture all the output from my gdb session into some
type of log file.  It seems like this is a feature that would definitely
exist, but I have been searching the sources and documentation for any
mention of this capability with no luck.

Does anyone know if gdb has this functionality and if so, how to use it?

If it helps, I am using the 03/20/01 snapshot of GDB on a Linux-i386 system.
I am also using it as a remote Linux kernel debugger although I don't
believe that is relevant.

many thanks,
Michael Miles