Re: gdb/remote - I/O

Andrew Cagney wrote:

> Just an additional datapoint on this.
>
> The qRcmd packet (my fault) and the tracepoint packets (I've been
> reading C code) both use the existing ``O'' packet to send additional
> output back from the target during a query.
>
> The obvious question is where exactly that ``O'' packet is ment to be
> going - gdb_stdtarg, gdb_stdlog or gdb_stdout.  If it is gdb_stdout and
> there is a pager things can get really complicated.

We do have two different kinds of output coming from the target: output
produced by the os/monitor/stub or whatever we are talking to and the
output from the application (little bit of semi-hosting).

Fortunately for us, they happen at different times.  When the program is
running (after run or step) the output can be assumed to be from the
program and should go to gdb_stdtarg.  When the program is not running
the output can only be from the controlling software, and we can send it
to gdb_stdout.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300