Re: [RFA] New ui_file streams for Insight

"Martin M. Hunt" wrote:

> Here are my first set of changes to add support for multiple streams to
> Insight. Instead of using the tui code and copying gdb_stdlog and
> gdb_stdtarg to gdb_stdout, it creates unique ui_files for each.  Currently
> Insight will simple write stderr, stdlog, and stdtarg to the console
> window (if it is open).  stderr messages appear in red, stdlog in green,
> and stdtarg in blue.

Yes! Thanks.

> In main.c, I moved the creation of the gdbtk ui_files until after the
> arguments are parsed.  I don't see that this would cause problems,
> although I don't see why any of the ui_files are created before the
> command line is processed.

I suspect it isn't yet wired up quite right.  Can this be done by
hooking init_ui_hook and/or pre_init_ui_hook and thus eliminate the need
for the #ifdefs and externs (1).

	Andrew

(1) Don't forget that GDB is trying to reduce the total number of .c
extern's and #ifdefs :-)