Re: Adding support for core files to DJGPP

    Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:34:29 -0500 (EST)
    From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@delorie.com>

    > Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:43:39 -0500
    > From: David Taylor <taylor@cygnus.com>

    > I believe that the Sys V ABI specifies for Sys
    > V systems much of the core file layout stuff; rather than invent a new
    > format, I would suggest using that.

    Where can I find these specifications that you mention above?

Once upon a time, AT&T published (in conjuction with Prentice-Hall) a
set of books that describe the standard.  Titles like "System V
Application Binary Interface", "System V Application Binary Interface:
SPARC Processor Supplement", and "Understanding ELF Object Files and
Debugging Tools".  If you want to go the book route, I'd suggest
trying any good technical bookstore.

Some of this information is available on the web.  I know that some of
the Unix API stuff is available on the web site for the "The Open
Group"; I don't know whether the core file and ELF file ABI stuff is
available there or not, though.

You might also try SCO.